fivestepsdown: living the questions of faith

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Resurrecting the Blog

It's been almost a month since my last blog entry - does that reflect my inability to create time to do this, even though my Lenten discipline has been to create time in my day for prayer, reflection, study, and fellowship? While I haven't miserably failed at this discipline, it hasn't seemed to help me create that space in my life for time with God and God's people. I guess my human nature just expects too much.

At any rate, I'm back blogging. The past month has held good meetings, amazing teaching experiences, busy days filled with work, and busy nights filled with basketball.

My roommates have introduced me to the world of women's basketball. Growing up, I never really liked to watch women play basketball. Even though many of my friends were on our high school team and I occassionally ran the score clock, I always thought there was something weird about the way they played.

I repent.

I thoroughly enjoyed this year's NCAA Women's Tournament - and not just because my roommates controlled the television remote. I learned that men and women do play the game differently. Women focus on teamwork and the fundamentals of the game. Candace Parker proved that a dunk is a dunk regardless of the gender of the person hanging on the rim. It is my hope that the Church might learn something from this March Madness. Teamwork. Fundamentals. Dunking. Think about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home