fivestepsdown: living the questions of faith

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Nada te turbe

Over the past few days I've had some wonderful adventures with my car, moving to a new house, and phone conversations with my parents. Sometimes I wonder where God fits into that whole scheme. I'd like to bring to attention the recent murder of Brother Roger of Taize. You can read more at www.taize.fr or http://www.nytimes.com/2005/08/18/international/europe/18roger.html?fta=y

As one can see, Brother Roger's life was one of hope - that schisms could be healed, that peace shall prevail, and that God's love is found in both struggle and prayer. "Nothing can trouble, nothing can frighten, those who seek God shall never go wanting."

In the midst of the chaos, remembering the life of one called to help bring about God's kin-dom here on earth brings me back to center.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home