fivestepsdown: living the questions of faith

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Again, Again

Last night I went to a wedding preception (yes, preception) for two seminary friends who are getting hitched. About 11:30, I get a call from Metropolitan Police Department. They found my car and arrested a suspect. Today I went to claim it, but it had been towed by a towing company and is locked up there currently. I saw it on the truck bed and I didn't notice any major damage.

Thank you everyone for your kind words and prayers during this time. Please continue to pray for the person who stole the car and his or her family. At a time like this, we need all the prayers we can!

2 Comments:

  • I have a car that can be easily stolen -- just knock the plastic casing off the steering column and push a button. The engine then turns on.

    So I take a heavy chain and two padlocks and wrap the chain between the center spoke on my steering wheel and my brake pedal. That way, if someone tries to steal it and doesn't bring very heavy bolt-cutters, all that he can do is drive the car in a circle.

    You can still steal the car, but the chain motivates thieves to choose easier prey.

    By Blogger John, at 2:08 PM  

  • Glad your vehicle has been located. Hope you don't get the chance to blog about this again (3rd time's a charm?).

    By Blogger Chris, at 6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home