fivestepsdown: living the questions of faith

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Long Time No Blog

Almost two months. Wow. I don't think most of my friends could think I'm able to go that long without sharing my thoughs with everyone around me.

The past two months have brought around some wonderful (scary) changes in my life. It's very hard to explain, but it's as if I've taken control of my life again- or at least accept responsibility for how I live my life.

The first major change was the desire to "get real" with my parents. Ever since I left for college, there was just a part of me that wasn't real to them - that was afraid that they wouldn't accept me or my choices in life. Yes, a load of hooey, but it's the construct I lived by for ten years. I even got so hard-headed that I refused to go back home for a visit, simply because my parents are not able to travel to see me. Bad child, yes, I know. But I'm over it. And last weekend I spent five really great days with my parents. And better yet, I got to see my cousins and friends from high school.

And while it sort of felt like I was the prodigal son - which is weird for an only child - it was good to be back home. For the first time since I left home, I felt like I was the adult son, not the ten-year old son. I guess I've reached that certain stage in my life journey - it feels good - it feels honest - it feels real.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home